Friday, January 24, 2014

Whispering in my ear...

If you ever talk to me in person and I get into talking about my characters, I'll probably describe them as real people I've met, because that's what I'm used to and that's the easiest way for me to write them - imagine them as someone who lives down the street.

For instance, currently, I have two very real seeming characters swimming in my head.  One is Aiden (who I described in an earlier post) and the other is his boyfriend Lassie, who keep invading my thoughts.  I have them defined and I know exactly what they look like and how they interact with each other.  Unfortunately what I don't know, at the moment, is what their plot is and how to go about writing it.

Honestly, the easiest way to explain it at the moment is that Lassie - a tall and thin young man with a partially shaved head and blue hair dropping down the other side in curls - is leaning over and whispering in my ear while I'm sitting at my normal job trying to work on emails and customer requests.  He's telling me about how he runs a coffee shop with a really unique atmosphere and how Aiden is his boyfriend and they get along so well together, but he won't tell me is what happens beyond that coffee shop.  He won't even tell me if Aiden is attending classes or has a job...

It's frustrating, really.  But I'll be honest, I love it too.

Hopefully some plot will occur to me soon, because these two really really want me to write about them, and not just as side characters in a different story, as I'd originally planned. Ooops.

No comments:

Post a Comment