Wednesday, January 15, 2014

12 Day Plan of Simple Writing Exercises - Day 1

I found this little exercise online and decided that, now that I'm done rereading everything for Seeking the Storyteller, that I should get back into writing.  So here's a great way to do it.

A 12 Day Plan of Simple Writing Exercises

Day 1:
Write 10 potential book titles of books you’d like to write.

The notes in parenthesis are for me so I remember what the title is for.

1. White Noise (A possible aspects story, involving souls, a coffee shop and tattoos)
2. Key to the End (Based on an idea from high school that's been ever evolving)
3. Burning (Inspired by "Light it Up" from Fall Out Boy and the idea of dragons)
4. Beneath the Chapter (A sequel to Seeking the Storyteller)
5. Page Turner (A sequel to Seeking the Storyteller)
6. Binding the Light (A sequel to Seeking the Storyteller)
7. Cure (based on a short story call for superheroes)
8. Breaking the Night (A plot bunny I had about a world with no sun and flowers)
9. Theme of Winter (I need to rewrite a short story based on a old hotel room and a music box)
10. Aspects of Life (A very old idea that's been with me for a long time and needs to be told.  Might be tied to Key to the End and White Noise)

What do you think?  I know I haven't given that much information, but what sparks your interest?

1 comment:

  1. I like number 3. Fall Out Boy is one of my favorite bands. ^__^ Plus, you can't go wrong with dragons. lol

    ReplyDelete