Monday, June 30, 2014

Character Days: Josey Starr from Josey's Mountain

Wow, I'm super busy with posts today!  This should be the last one today, honest.

Character Days: Josey Starr from Josey's Mountain




Tell me a little about yourself and the world you live in. 
I am a twenty-eight year old widower trying to keep my cattle ranch from going under.  Starr Ranch is nestled high in the rugged Blue Range Mountains of Eastern Arizona and right now I have a wolf problem.  I found a dead calf.  This isn't good at all.   I am alone, trying to manage a small herd and all this land by myself.  The mountain is beautiful but I beginning to think its haunted.

Lets jump right in, what's your most closely guarded secret?
I have never let go of my love for Hawk Marlow but I don't think I can trust him.

Tell us about your single most important memory.  What was it and how does it affect you now?
Hawk left me to make a name for himself in rodeo.

What type of person are you?  Are you a hero or do you shy away from conflict? 
I am discovering who I am right now, and I'm finding out I'm stronger than I anyone gave me credit for.

Do you have any hobbies, any special talents?
I love my horses and I love to cook

What sets you out from the crowd?  Like your talents, would I be able to spot you if I passed you by?
You might think, why is that pretty girl dressed like an off the range cowboy.

What's an ideal day for you?  
Waking up in Hawk's arms and watching while he cooks breakfast without a shirt on.  Then afterwards maybe we'll ride the horses to the creek and go fishing.  Of course, we'd probably do more than just fish.  

Do you have any one close?  Any friends or family of interest?
I wanted to be close to my brother but he's not interested.

What about your most prized possession?
My ranch.

Back to your story, what initially spurred your actions?  Everything had to start somewhere, so where's your beginning?
My life changed when Hawk left.  I didn't know what to do with myself.  I made a bad decision,(With my brother's help).   I will do this.  I'm stubborn.

Where do you think your future will lead?
A family.  I hope.

Author: Elle Marlow


No comments:

Post a Comment