Friday, June 13, 2014

Character Days: Grace Hathaway from The Falling Series

As I promised, here's the second interview for this week!

Character name: Grace Hathaway
Book(s) name: The Falling of Love, The Falling of Grace and The Falling of Hope

Tell me a little about yourself and the world you live in.   
I’m seventeen years old, almost eighteen, and I just moved to Los Angeles, CA with my fiancé Ian. He’s a singer in a rock band and it’s his dream to make a living playing his music. We moved in to this amazing Victorian house with his best friend Jaden and his grandfather. I’m an artist and I hope that when I graduate high school I’ll be able to study art in college. I’m tall, blonde, and I have bright green eyes.

Tell us your most closely guarded secret?
I have two. My boyfriend Ian has a huge problem and I’m really beside myself on how to deal with it. It’s the most difficult situation I’ve ever been in. It’s literally breaking my heart.
I also, kinda, okay not kinda, I really think Jaden is hot, but I’m in love with Ian, so it’s really no big deal.

Tell us about your single most important memory.  What was it and how does it affect you now?
This is hard for me. I hate talking about it, but a very important memory is the day that my parents died. I remember the sheriff came to our door and I knew something was wrong right away.  It’s affected me in so many ways. I always think the worst when I don’t hear from someone I love, like the time Ian didn’t talk to me for days, I thought something awful had happened, and I tend to push my emotions aside.

What type of person are you?  Are you a hero or do you shy away from conflict?  
I hate conflict! I just want everything and everyone happy and easy going. The last conflict I had was with my brother James and it was awful.

And in that line, what would be your ideal day?  
Anytime I’m with Ian, as long as he’s acting like himself, is a good day for me. Doesn’t matter if we’re laying on his bed or out to dinner. He’s my everything.

Do you have anyone close to you, any family or friends of interest?
Ian is amazing. He’s the epitome of a rock God. He’s so loving and such a gentlemen. I know Ian will always protect me. He’s had a hard life, but he really tries to go through life NOT letting it affect him. My sister Michelle is a nut! She’ll always say whatever is on her mind. She’s beautiful and full of confidence. Sometimes I wish I were more like her. Jaden should’ve been born in the nineteen seventies. Even the way he speaks is smooth. He’s probably the most interesting dresser that I know.

What is your most prized possession?
A ring that Ian gave me. It’s simple, but I adore it.

What initially spurred your actions in this story.  Obviously it had to start somewhere for you, give us an idea of where that starting point is and where it all started.
It all started the day Ian walked into math class. My world hasn’t been the same since that day. My current situation started shortly after we moved here (L.A.).

How do you envision your future? 
I would love to be married to Ian. It would be great if we could get our own house and I would open a studio where I worked and sold my art. That would be amazing!

Tell us where we can read more about you? 
The Falling of Love is where you’ll meet me and go through love and heartache with me.
In book two, The Falling of Grace, I’m in my early twenties and once again my life is turned upside down. (Coming soon)
The Falling of Hope is the last book in my story and I’m in my thirties, facing new and difficult situations. Will I ever be happy?

Author: Marisa Oldham


  
Author's blog or website: http://thefallingseries.blogspot.com

Book Blurb

You will never forget your first date, your first kiss, or your first love. You'll also never forget how it felt when it was torn apart.

Seventeen-year old Grace Hathaway does not give much thought to falling in love, until the day that Ian Taylor, rebel and misfit walks into her math class. From their first conversation, Grace is mesmerized by Ian's charisma and rock star façade.

Ian Taylor, a seventeen-year old kid from the wrong side of the tracks tries to ignore the feelings he has for Grace, but is captured by her caring, non-judgmental personality from the moment they meet. Grace becomes Ian's everything and there is nothing he will not do for her. Hurting her was never part of his plan.

“The Falling of Love” will take you on a sweet, emotional journey of two young adults falling in love for the first time, and then tear your heart apart when that love is threatened by dishonesty and betrayal.

Reviews for “The Falling of Love”:

“This book was emotionally wrenching and really pulls at you. You get angry, you get furious and you definitely feel sad, but you also feel and see the love between Marisa's characters and you see the confusion her characters are experiencing because of the various hurdles. This is a book you don't want to miss!! The ending is in a word ... POWERFUL!!! I am so glad I had the opportunity to read it and will definitely be in my to be read again list!”

“The reality of the story was intense and the emotions that it stirred were immense. Looking forward to more from this author!”

The Falling of Love is the first novel in a series of novels that will follow Grace Hathaway's life and personal struggles. Everyone has a beginning to their story and an end...
This is the beginning of Grace's story.

2 comments: