Thursday, September 4, 2014

Character Days: Christine Solaris from the Foothold of Tethys

Character Days: Christine Solaris from Foothold of Tethys


Tell me a little about yourself and the world you live in.
Gosh, where to start. Well I am Christine Solaris, I live on a small lunar base on Tethys, third moon of Saturn. Tethys is mostly made of ice with a small stone core. Among other names, such as Mother and Priestess of the Sun, I am also known as Prophet to the Savior. Our religion is that of Unifying Theory of the Sun, which we see the origin and the combining factor of all religions of mankind and possibly of other races as well. The sun gives us life, light and due to it's great mass a place to live. Because of our convictions, we are often referred to as lunatics or loonies, which is incorrect a luna means moon. It was Lena, our Savior, who corrected this and started naming us solatics, the children of the Sun, a name which has caught on.

Lets jump right in, what's your most closely guarded secret?
Well now... in a small community like ours it is actually close to impossible to keep a secret. But with this in mind, I think my secret would be ice cream. I just love ice cream.

Tell us about your single most important memory. What was it and how does it affect you now?
How does it affect me? It is my life. One night I stayed up under the Dome, our garden, and the Sun gave me a vision that I had to leave my home and find the one who would save us all.

What type of person are you? Are you a hero or do you shy away from conflict?
Oh, I am not a fighter and don't see myself as a hero. If anything, I would accept the role of mother.

Do you have any hobbies, any special talents?
I love to sing, I can play several musical instruments and know all the songs of the people by heart. As said, I have visions, and have the gift of Charm, as he light that shines through me from Sungod effects those around me. 

What sets you out from the crowd? Like your talents, would I be able to spot you if I passed you by?
On station it would be hard to miss the only one with yellow curls among people who are generally bald. But I do believe my faith and dedication sets me apart from others.

What's an ideal day for you?
Enough food, enough warmth, a comfy place to sit, friends to talk to, and no problems.

Do you have any one close? Any friends or family of interest?
I see all of humanity as my family, but the people on Tethys Base carry a special place in my heart. But having said this, there is only one person I truly love, Chris, Lena's half-brother.

What about your most prized possession?
My faith.

Back to your story, what initially spurred your actions? Everything had to start somewhere, so where's your beginning?
From a young age I knew I was special, as I could hear the voice of Sungod more clear than others. But I think my story really began with the vision to go to station and find the Savior.

Where do you think your future will lead?
The future is in the hands on mankind, but if Homo Adastra, the spaceborn humans, keep on the path the Savior has set for them, I think the future will be glorious and free.

Where can we find more about you?
Foothold of Tethys, also available in 4 parts as free E-book on torrent sites. But if you want to support the author, please buy an original copy at Amazon.com

Author:
Martin van Houwelingen

You can buy the book here!



Foothold of Tethys has a fan-page on Facebook, https://www.facebook.com/groups/footholdoftethys/ and a sister-site for writers to publish collective books to increase their PR: https://www.facebook.com/groups/authorauthor/

No comments:

Post a Comment