Wednesday, September 24, 2014

Character Days: CJ from the EKKO Trilogy

Is it Wednesday already?  This week seems to be flying by fast!  Well I have a bit of news before character days starts up.

First up?  We (myself and Briana) have a new interview posted up at Bookworm Ink, where you can learn a bit more about us and Seeking the Storyteller.  I also wanted to update everyone that the sequel is coming along nicely and we're almost through the second round of edits.  Publishing is still a ways off, but we're getting there!

Second - In two weeks we have another convention!  October is going to be a really busy month for us with conventions every other weekend, but we have to make up for the fact that as soon as it snows, here in Minnesota, we're not going to want to leave the house.  So first up is Fallcon, on the Minnesota State Fair grounds.  If you're around, you should come visit us!

Now... on to character days!

Character Days: CJ from the EKKO Trilogy

Tell me a little about yourself and the world you live in.
I'm an A/V guy who lives in New York, but I also spend time on the road working with touring bands.

Lets jump right in, what's your most closely guarded secret?
My connection with the spirit world. The guys in the road crew wouldn't understand.

Tell us about your single most important memory. What was it and how does it affect you now?
Visiting my home after it had burned to the ground. I never got to say goodbye to my parents.

What type of person are you? Are you a hero or do you shy away from conflict?
I engage in conflict if it's necessary. I work with some arrogant pricks, so I have to stand my ground.

Do you have any hobbies, any special talents?
Besides music, I enjoy hiking, spending time alone in the forest. The sounds and sights of the scenery stimulate me. Remarkably, the streaks of sun can imitate stage lights at times, the perfect angle, the slightest shade, the perfect silhouette. I bring those ideas back to the stage.

What sets you out from the crowd? Like your talents, would I be able to spot you if I passed you by?
Pretty average looking. Not real big on combing my hair. I'm usually dirty from climbing through rafters and working in tight spaces. Definitely a Messy-Marvin.

What's an ideal day for you?
Finding spirits that have been imprisoned. They're all over the country, and I have to find them as I travel. There's a big battle coming and they're in danger.

Do you have any one close? Any friends or family of interest?
I have several close friends in the A/V business. Since my girlfriend died, I've strayed from getting too close to anyone. (Human, that is.)

What about your most prized possession?
The amulet my grandfather gave me.

Back to your story, what initially spurred your actions? Everything had to start somewhere, so where's your beginning?
Playing with old radio's in the back of my fathers Appliance store. I was a kid when I discovered sound frequencies could open portals to the spirit world. I had no idea they'd been watching me grow up.

Where do you think your future will lead?
I have to get this beautiful spirit out of my head. We're somehow connected, but I can't seem to place it. I'll figure it out, though. It will all come together in Detroit. The mission has been planned for hundreds of years and I'm in way over my head. In the meantime, she's helped me take the stage shows to a whole new level. (We both like pleasing the ticket holders.)

Where can we find more about you?


Author:
Johnny Walker


Author's website:

Extra Info:
The books have a soundtrack. Not an Audio book, but songs from the band in the story, Nathan Juju, as well as live concert snippets to match some concert scenes.



 

No comments:

Post a Comment