Wednesday, July 2, 2014

Character Days: Jessie Anderson from Magick & Moonlight

Happy Wednesday!  I'm headed off to CONvergence this weekend so I don't know how much I'll be around if people send comments and interviews to me, but rest assured any emails will be answered when I get back.  We don't have a table at the con, but our cover artist for Seeking the Storyteller will be there!

Don't forget to check out Rainarc's site to see his art and the other prints he has for sale!


Now, on to Character Days!


Character Days: Jessie Anderson from Magick & Moonlight


Tell me a little about yourself and the world you live in. 
I live in a Victorian cottage in Yachats, Oregon.  It is a pretty small town where everyone is involved in everyone else’s business.

Do you like your job?
Yes, I love it.  I run a gift and candle shop in town.  I love being my own boss.

Tell us about your single most important memory.  What was it and how does it affect you now?
When I was young and very eager to do spells, my grandmother would ground me with other practices first.  She taught me to love gardening.  She said, “First we must love and respect nature in all its forms.  Only then can you understand who you are.”  Since then, I have loved nature.  I love going for walks in the forest and I especially love the drastic weather changes.  It is like the God and Goddess are trying to tell us something.

What type of person are you?  Are you a hero or do you shy away from conflict?  
No, I don’t shy away from conflict.  I’m not a fan of it, but I will stand up for what I believe in.  I have always detested crimes against nature and when I was a teenager, I was an activist.  However, there are forces that are beyond our control as well.  It is not uncommon to have forest fires in Oregon and I really hate to see such destruction to our beautiful trees.

Do you have any hobbies, any special talents?
I make my own candles and use them in my shop.  I also garden as I mentioned before.  I do spells to center myself.

And in that line, what would be your ideal day?  
My idea day would be to close up shop and go on a walk.  I love walking.  After a simple lunch, I might plan for an evening ritual in the forest.  I always celebrate the full moon.

Do you have anyone close to you, any family or friends of interest?
I wish I still did.  My family is gone now and though I had a couple of friends in college, we drifted apart after my grandmother’s death and when I returned to Yachats.  I do know people in town, but I wouldn’t say they are friends exactly.  Ethan is probably the closest thing to a friend I have had in awhile.

What is your most prized possession?
My house.  It has always been home.  It was my grandmother’s house, but I can’t imagine not living there.

What initially spurred your actions in this story.  Obviously it had to start somewhere for you, give us an idea of where that starting point is and where it all started.
Well, a man caught me practicing in the moonlight.  I shouldn’t have told him what I did, but I had to do something to fix my mistake.

How do you envision your future? 
I am a simple girl.  I just want to live my life in peace.  Perhaps at some point, I can find someone who accepts who I am, but I am in no hurry.

Tell us where we can read more about you?  
You can read more about me in Magick & Moonlight.

Author:  Marie Lavender  
Buy link:  http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00IRKN5P2
Book trailer:  http://youtu.be/G5p9UijAgsQ    

Author's blog or website:  http://www.marielavender.webs.com/

Any other information you think is important that you would like to include. 
I have published 18 books.  I also run three blogs, and you can find me on Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn and Google+.

No comments:

Post a Comment