Tuesday, July 15, 2014

Character Days: Eva Dunbar from Dead in the Water

Off to San Japan I go, and in the meantime here's this week's character days!

Character Days: Eva Dunbar from Dead in the Water

Tell me a little about yourself and the world you live in.
I live in Brookings, Oregon. It's a small coastal town in Southern Oregon where not much happens. Usually.

Lets jump right in, what's your most closely guarded secret?
I channel the spirits of the dead through a medium called spirit writing.

Tell us about your single most important memory. What was it and how does it affect you now?
I remember the day I saw Jesse Williams turn away from me in the cafeteria, at the start of our Freshman year. It use to make me angry to think about it but now I'm just sad. All that wasted time.

What type of person are you? Are you a hero or do you shy away from conflict?
I'm a loner because the other kids think I'm a freak. They pick on me a lot. Or, they use to. I use to shy away from conflict until Jesse showed back up in my life.

Do you have any hobbies, any special talents?
Um, other than spirit writing? I like to write, and draw, and read. I'm a pretty typical teenager in that I'm pretty much attached to my iPhone.

What sets you out from the crowd? Like your talents, would I be able to spot you if I passed you by?
I'm really small so I kind of blend in. If you passed by me, you might feel cold. Like someone walked over your grave.

What's an ideal day for you?
It use to be a day when the spirits left me alone and I could chill in my room or hang out at the beach by myself. But now...my days are different. In a good way.

Do you have any one close? Any friends or family of interest?
My parents are both busy and kind of let me do my own thing. The spirit writing thing freaks them out. Jesse is my world, now. I didn't have any friends before, so his friends are my friends.

What about your most prized possession?
It's my ring. It use to be my notebook but I don't need that anymore.

Back to your story, what initially spurred your actions? Everything had to start somewhere, so where's your beginning?
I've always been cursed with spirit writing but never explored what that meant for the rest of my life until Jesse came back. It was his idea to try to find out what these...ghosts, I guess you could call them...wanted.

Where do you think your future will lead?
Only the dead can see the future, though they can't follow it.

Where can we find more about you?
My diary/journal is in Dead in the Water

Author: Chrystal Vaughan

The author also has another book, Sideshow, available at Amazon and another book due for release in mid-June called Conspiracy of Ravens 

No comments:

Post a Comment