Wednesday, July 23, 2014

Character Days: Chloe Waverly from Upon Your Honor

Still recovering from San Japan (zzzzzzzzzzzzzzz) but here's my weekly feature of character days ^__^

Character Days: Chloe Waverly from Upon Your Honor

Tell me a little about yourself and the world you live in. 

I am nineteen years old.  I live in my family home in New York City.  The year is 1891 and times for women are still pretty precarious.

Tell us your most closely guarded secret?

I am running from a horrible man.


Tell us about your single most important memory.  What was it and how does it affect you now?

The day my mother died, she sat with me in the parlor and read to me.  We were reading Lewis Caroll’s Alice’s Adventures in Wonderland.  My father, who was from Louisiana, used to tease me and call me Alice sometimes because I loved the book so much.  He would quip, “What do you say, Alice?” And I would answer, “Où est ma chatte?”  Or, where is my cat?  That was what Alice said when she saw a mouse and thought he might be a French mouse.  Truthfully, I knew very little French and it was fun to say.  Anyway, we had progressed to the middle of the book.  When I found out what happened to my mother, I was devastated and I felt much like Alice tumbling down the rabbit hole into a world I didn’t understand.  My life changed completely after that.


What type of person are you?  Are you a hero or do you shy away from conflict?  

I don’t like conflict at all, but I am very loyal and I try to protect those I love.


Do you have any hobbies, any special talents?

I love reading.  If there is a library nearby, I will immerse myself in it and not come out for hours.


And in that line, what would be your ideal day?  

My ideal day would be to go on a picnic and then for a swim if it is warm enough.  I love swimming.


Do you have anyone close to you, any family or friends of interest?

At one time, I was close to my nursemaid Veronica, but circumstances made that impossible.  After my family was gone, I didn’t have anyone.  My grandmother lives far away though, and I hope to know her someday.


What is your most prized possession?

My Lewis Caroll books, Alice’s Adventures in Wonderland and Through the Looking-Glass, and What Alice Found There.


What initially spurred your actions in this story?  Obviously it had to start somewhere for you, give us an idea of where that starting point is and where it all started.

I found myself in less than desirable conditions and I decided to escape my situation.  I stowed away on board a clipper ship, and that’s when Gabriel found me.


How do you envision your future? 

I’m not looking very far ahead.  I just want to be safe and live in peace.


Tell us where we can read more about you?  

You can read my story in Upon Your Honor.

Author:  Marie Lavender
Author's blog or website:  http://www.marielavender.webs.com/

Any other information you think is important that you would like to include. 

There is a final book in the Heiresses in Love series, and it is titled Upon Your Love.  It is not released yet.

Author's Facebook page:  https://www.facebook.com/MarieAnnLavender
Author’s Twitter:  https://twitter.com/marielavender1
Google+:  https://plus.google.com/u/0/104926404745289477307/

Read more about the first book in the series:   http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00I0D9LQ8

No comments:

Post a Comment