Thursday, December 18, 2014

Character Days: Jamie Keller from Off The Grid

Tell me a little about yourself and the world you live in.
I live in Promise, Oregon. It's a podunk town where everyone knows your mom and won't hesitate to call her if they see you step out of line.

Lets jump right in, what's your most closely guarded secret?
That's easy, my sibs and I are hiding out at my grandpa's farm. . . It's a long story. You should buy the book.

Tell us about your single most important memory. What was it and how does it affect you now?
I remember my dad carrying me in from the car one night when we came home late. Usually my little sister Jana got carried but I decided to fake it - just a little.

What type of person are you? Are you a hero or do you shy away from conflict?
Hmmmm, I fight with my older sister Jenny quite a bit - enough to make my mom cry once.

Do you have any hobbies, any special talents?
Sometimes my guitar seems like my only friend.

What sets you out from the crowd? Like your talents, would I be able to spot you if I passed you by?
No, unless you saw me perform. I'm in an all girl trio. Unfortunately one of the members is my sister Jenny. She's a good musician but she thinks she knows everything.

What's an ideal day for you?
I love getting paid for gigs. Money is pretty hard to come by at our house.

Do you have any one close? Any friends or family of interest?
I would say yes. I thought Catherine and I were close until I found out she was gay and hadn't confided in me. That kinda hurt.

What about your most prized possession?
My guitar, for sure.

Back to your story, what initially spurred your actions? Everything had to start somewhere, so where's your beginning?
My dad was killed in Iraq by a roadside bomb. Everything stopped there and everything started there.

Where do you think your future will lead?
I want to be a professional musician.

Author: EN McNamara

Other books by the author:
The Jamie Keller Mystery Series Include: Off the Grid, Over the Edge, In the Groove and On the Brink. Under the Weather will be out in 2015


No comments:

Post a Comment