Friday, December 6, 2013

A Decision About Rejection

Last night, just before bed, I received another rejection letter.

"Lurking Status" is a short horror story that I wrote based on one morning seeing a handprint on my mirror in the bathroom.  It creeped me out and now, when something scared me, I turn it into a horror story so that it stops scaring me - it's my own little version of taking control of my fears and I get an awesome story to boot.

I'm currently working through a list of contests and short story publishers to see who would want the story and have made a decision to post on my author's facebook and blogs when I get rejected.  Mostly because there seems to be this myth that all you have to do is write a story and send it to a publisher and you are published!  That's not how it works (unless you do self publishing, but that's a whole other can of worms with leg work) so I kinda wanted to show more of the process.  Not that many people read this blog yet as it's new, but I still feel I should be honest for myself and the future.

So this is rejection number 2.  On Monday I'll be sending it out again.  Wish me luck and hopefully I'll be sharing news that it's been accepted somewhere.

No comments:

Post a Comment