Wednesday, August 13, 2014

Character Days: Brigid of the Tuatha de Danann from Once a Goddess

Hey all!  We have a weekend to relax before we head out to another convention!
For the weekend of August 22 to the 24th, we'll be in Madison Wisconsin!  Come stop by our table if you're there!

Character Days: Brigid of the Tuatha de Danann from Once a Goddess

Tell me a little about yourself and the world you live in.
I used to live in Danann land in Eire, now known as Ireland. The Danann are both a people and a place. I had to marry the enemy, Bres of the Fomorians. His tribe invaded our land and have taken over our most sacred places. But we can't fight them forever - we'll die. We must have peace. I'm the peace offering. Our marriage is the truce.

Lets jump right in, what's your most closely guarded secret?
The Fomorians cannot know about Danann ability to speak with our minds and to shape shift. Our telepathic communication is the only thing that saved us during the battles.

Tell us about your single most important memory. What was it and how does it affect you now?
When I was a child, I learned to blend into stone. We all shape shift into an element of nature. Doing this as a child, the feeling of accomplishment, is something I draw on know. Shape shifting has saved my life many times.
What type of person are you? Are you a hero or do you shy away from conflict?
I fight when I have to. I fought Bres. We met sword to sword. But I - and all the Danann - would prefer not to fight at all.

Do you have any hobbies, any special talents?
Aside from have the supernatural abilities that all Danann have, I've been a healer for my tribe. I've also done a little bit of jewelery making with silver, copper, and gold. I'm good with animals, sheep and lambs, in particular.

What sets you out from the crowd? Like your talents, would I be able to spot you if I passed you by?
Red hair and green eyes - I'm told by both Bres and Adraic that they are striking attributes.

What's an ideal day for you?
My best days have been with Adraic. We tend the flocks together, spend our days outside of the Fomorian tuath (village). Everyone is suspicious of me, and I of them. I enjoy getting away.

Do you have any one close? Any friends or family of interest?
Adraic has been my best friend.

What about your most prized possession?
I don't have material things, not like your people think of them now. What we have as a tribe, is our land that we are connected to body and soul. Our spirits are part of the earth and it pains us to give up our land to the Fomorians.

Back to your story, what initially spurred your actions? Everything had to start somewhere, so where's your beginning?
My parents, leaders of our tribe, pushed me into the marriage with Bres...I had to do it or the peace treaty would have fallen apart...

Where do you think your future will lead?
I'm scared about living in Fomorian land, Bres scares me too. But I have to make the best of it for the Danann. I have to protect our secrets and I have to let them know if the Fomorians are breaking the peace treaty. I feel like a pawn, with no control over my own life. Adraic is the one bright spot.

Where can we find more about you?
I'm known as a goddess, druid, and saint in Ireland. Fiery Arrow, the second book in the trilogy, is forthcoming from Solstice. That story is about my incarnation as a druid's daughter. I come face to face with Patrick, who tries to convert Eire, yet he has his past, our past, to contend with.


Author: Sheila R. Lamb
You can buy the book here!

Website: http://sheilarlamb.com
Facebook: sheilarlambauthor
Twitter @sheilarlamb 


No comments:

Post a Comment