Wednesday, June 25, 2014

Character Days: Valerie Fortson from Valerie's Retreat


Character Days: Valerie Fortson from Valerie's Retreat


Tell me a little about yourself and the world you live in.  

I am NOT a Cougar; well, I am a Cougar, but not like you see on Reality TV. My boyfriend is sixteen years younger than me, but I’m not a predator trying to conquer young men like you see on reality shows. I went to a church dance, met Franco, fell in love, and we committed a little felony together. Maybe I jumped ahead too far. I’m living a regular life, probably a lot like yours. I’m a head teller at a bank, just fell madly in love, and my female boss is sexually harassing me. My childhood, was, well, uhm, kind of rough, so I don’t handle conflict well, especially not in the workplace.

As for my world, Franco and I hurry out of Louisville, Kentucky, and go to another country…

Tell us your most closely guarded secret?

I will NOT get into a long sob session about religious fanatics that made my childhood so hard. I think the book covers this aspect in far too much detail. While I read it, I skipped those parts. Anyway, I don’t even talk about my secret with myself.

Tell us about your single most important memory.  What was it and how does it affect you now?

Funny when you asked that question I remembered an event from eighth grade. Eighth grade? Once you’re an adult, who cares what happened in eighth grade? You’ll have to read the incident for yourself, but let me say, “Being one of the cool kids, even for a short time, totally rocked!”

What type of person are you?

I, Valerie Fortson, am an optimistic person and will always be an optimist. The felony was kind of necessary, but I knew it would lead to a better life. Maybe you wouldn’t have reacted this way, but I’m sure it’ll work out for Franco and me.

Do you have any hobbies, any special talents?

Is being likeable considered a talent? At the bank I was great at selling checking, savings, and CD accounts. This place where Franco and I ran to, we opened our own business, a marina. We’re doing great with it! I guess I’m a good getting people to relate to me.

  
And in that line, what would be your ideal day?  

Reality TV makes all of us older women who have younger men look like petty, sex-addicted predators. That’s not the case with me, however; my ideal day begins with waking next to Franco and enjoying the fruits of his loins. After a leisurely breakfast we’d travel the countryside of our new land, stopping at ancient ruins. Franco is a doctoral candidate in Archeology, so he would be my tour guide of the civilization that inhabited these lands so long ago. After a full day of history, wine, and picnics, we’d return to bed.

Do you have anyone close to you, any family or friends of interest?

Family is a sore spot with me. You’ll have to read Valerie’s Retreat to find out why I never discuss them, not even with Franco.

What is your most prized possession?

My marina! Actually, our marina, but owning the marina was my idea. I’ve always wanted to own one since I was a little girl. That may sound odd, but dreams don’t have to make sense, right?

What initially spurred your actions in this story.  Obviously it had to start somewhere for you, give us an idea of where that starting point is and where it all started.

The felony came about (I assume that’s what you’re referring to) because we didn’t have any other options. I had to get away. It took all the nerve I had, but we made it out. I don’t really like discussing negative things. We felt trapped, but I latched onto our plan as a lifeline. We not only survived, but we’re thriving in our new country!
How do you envision your future? 

The happily-ever-after has already begun! I fully believe we’ll never get caught. You’ll have to decide for yourself if you believe that once you finish the book.

Tell us where we can read more about you.

Valerie’s Retreat is the only book about me. You probably think that having someone write a book about you would be great. It not as terrific as it sounds. This book has too much about me. I think I’m a good person, but I think the way this book is written you might, possibly, argue that I’m not. If I had written this book, you would’ve loved me! LOL


Author: Joseph M. Rinaldo

Author's blog or website: http://www.josephmrinaldo.com

Valerie’s Retreat Video link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UKXY54oD_gg


I understand people are hesitant to give independent authors a chance. Some of the indie stuff IS really bad. If Valerie’s Retreat interests you, please go to the free "Click to Look Inside" and sample the first chapter. If a book grabs you that quick, you'll probably be glad you got it. Also, if you are in a book club that reads one of my books, I'd be honored to join your discussion. Feel free to contact me through Facebook or my website, www.josephmrinaldo.com.

Other books by Joseph M Rinaldo:

                              




1 comment:

  1. Jessica, thanks so much for this opportunity. I appreciate your support of indie writers and their characters!

    Joe Rinaldo

    ReplyDelete