Wednesday, June 11, 2014

Character Days: Gage Brassan from Hunter & The Cartel

We have two character interviews this week: one today and a bonus on friday!

Character Days: Gage Brassan (The Hunter) from Hunter & The Cartel


Tell me a little about yourself and the world you live in.  


I used to be a solider. Special Forces.  My life went for a big shit, and now I kill people for money.  I'm Terran – born and raised on Earth.  I've bounced around the galaxy a lot.  Occupational hazard.  At the moment, I live on the Norbrand space station in the Ilion Sector.


Tell us your most closely guarded secret?

I don't think so.  It's closely guarded for a reason.


Tell us about your single most important memory.  What was it and how does it affect you now?

There are two memories that affect me the most.  The first is the death of my mother-she died in a shuttle crash when I was eighteen.  Her loss sent me flying into the arms of the Galactic Security Force so I could get away from my father, the farm, and all the crap between us.  The second is the annihilation of Delta Six, the Special Forces unit I commanded during the Androsian civil war.   My mother's death turned me into a soldier.  My unit's decimation turned me into a killer.


What type of person are you?  Are you a hero or do you shy away from conflict?  

I'm not a hero, and I don't shy away from anything, especially conflict. 


Do you have any hobbies, any special talents?

I can fly anything from Galaxy Class shuttles, to Renegade and Cobra fighters.  And I'm a really good shot.


And in that line, what would be your ideal day?  

At this point in my life a really good day would be any day I didn't have to kill someone.


Do you have anyone close to you, any family or friends of interest?

Sure, a few.  My dad still lives on Earth.  We're closer than we were, but that's still not saying much.  My Lyrian wife, Kayla – the Lyrians are a feline people, and my Kayla is one very pretty kitty.  My adopted boys, Marcus and Jak.  I have son by a previous relationship, but I’m not a part of his life.  I'm very selective in my choice of friends.  There's Rachmar and Agrakh – my Arconian henchmen.  Tomas Craaven, ex-Cartel general.  Tieran Landryar, heir to the Araki Nation.  I think that about covers it.


What is your most prized possession?

High powered laser rifle designed and built by my son, Jak.  Multi-phasic scope covers everything from ultra-violet to infrared.  Built in recurring charge converter gives me close to three hundred shots per charge instead of the usual dozen of most other weapons. 



What initially spurred your actions in this story.  Obviously it had to start somewhere for you, give us an idea of where that starting point is and where it all started.

My ex-girlfriend, Gina Briani, sold me out to the Dorani Sector Security Force to save her cargo of illegal guns.  She's a smuggler.  Or she was, until I killed her.  I spent a year in a Dorani prison until her brother, Kenny, broke me out.  He pointed me in the direction of Andrew Lansing, the once commanding General of the Gold Band Strike Team.  My unit, Delta Six, was a part of that. That dredged up memories of how those men and women died.  And it reminded me of the promise I'd made them.  That I'd find out why.


How do you envision your future? 

A quiet, quasi-legal life with no bodies to bury and no names on my personal hit list. 


Tell us where we can read more about you?  (The book(s) they are featured in).

I’m featured in a series.  Pretty cool, huh?  The first book is called The Assassin Journals: Hunter.  The second book is called The Assassin Journals: The Cartel.


Author: S. L. Partington

Buy link:
The Cartel - http://goo.gl/4Aybhv


Author's blog or website: 
Official Author Site - http://elandryn.wix.com/slpartington
Official Author Blog - http://authorslp.blogspot.ca/

No comments:

Post a Comment