Wednesday, May 7, 2014

Character Days: Jolon (aka Creeper) from the Connections Trilogy

We had a lot of fun at the Minneapolis Wizard World Comicon this last weekend and now we have a break before the next convention in Chicago.  Time to sleep, sew and get ready for the next one.  We hope to see you there if you're in the area!

Character Days: Jolon a.k.a. Creeper from the Connections Trilogy



Tell me a little about yourself and the world you live in. 

I prefer to stay in the shadows, but Rebecca has revealed too much about me already. She has discovered my past and told the world. I’m not happy about that. That part of my life is something I prefer to fester and grow with hatred and revenge. My family rejected me. They refused to love me while favoring my brother. Pushing me out of the tribe became their last act against me.

Where do I live? Between the real world and the spirit world. I live in a mortal body to move about this place, but my power comes from my spirit. It is the deal I made with Lucifer in order to make sure my revenge is full and very sweet, at least for me. That means I have to get my hands on the Bearer.

Tell us your most closely guarded secret?

Foolish human! If I tell you, then it is no longer guarded nor is it a secret. I don’t trust anyone which evident in the fact that my life story is beginning to be spread about the pages of the Connections trilogy. The rejection of my family and the woman I loved is why I kill and torture. My secret? How I will get my revenge on you.

Tell us about your single most important memory.  What was it and how does it affect you now?

I cannot avoid this one as I have revealed it already and Dark Connections goes into such detail. It is the memory of my banning and the events around it. I still don’t understand why they reacted so. She loved me. I know it, but they took her tears to mean something else and banished me from my home. From that moment on I have terrorized the world I live in.

What type of person are you?  Are you a hero or do you shy away from conflict?  

I enjoy conflict. I create as much as I can. Watching the terror in the eyes of my victims gives me such a thrill. It makes the wait worth it.

Do you have any hobbies, any special talents?

My talents lie in my supernatural abilities and the power I can exhibit before I take out my victim. What can I not do? Once I possess Brenna, nothing at all.

And in that line, what would be your ideal day?  

My ideal day would be to have Brenna by my side and helping me destroy everyone who had ruined my life. Yes, they are dead, but their descendants still live.

Do you have anyone close to you, any family or friends of interest?

I have no one and want no one.

What is your most prized possession?

It will be Brenna as the Bearer when I get her.

What initially spurred your actions in this story.  Obviously it had to start somewhere for you, give us an idea of where that starting point is and where it all started.

I felt the pull of the new bearer. The Spirits had found the next one and marked her. As she was chosen, I began to watch her. I could have taken her immediately, but the mark had to be fully developed before her power could be mine. During that time, I watched and played.

How do you envision your future? 

Full of my power. I will terrorize the world and in a sense rule it. That was the deal I made.

Tell us where we can read more about you?  

Rebecca has revealed so much in Deep Connections and Dark Connections. She is currently working on Deadly Connections where she thinks I’ll meet my fate. She is correct, but it will be the fate I want.


Author: Rebecca Graf
Author's blog or website: www.rebeccagraf.com


1 comment:

  1. Creepy! Sounds like a total psychopath and worse. I suspect the book would give me nightmares.

    ReplyDelete