Thursday, March 6, 2014

Character Days! Eden Knightly from Eden's Mark

Due to how popular this feature is, I'm changing it to being called Character Days!  It will still primarily be on Wednesdays, but for the weeks where I'm double booked there will be a separate post on Thursday!

(As always, if you'd like your character interviewed on my blog, please don't hesitate to send me an email.)

Eden Knightly from Eden's Mark

Tell me a little about yourself and the world you live in.  
I live in a crazy world filled with vampires, fairies, mages, and shifters. This world was something out of a children’s story when I arrived. Ellethny is a realm outside of the human world I used to live in. Creatures from Ellethny portal to the human world in escape of the evil rule of Circenn and the darkness that is consuming it.

Tell us your most closely guarded secret?
I have a birthmark on my wrist that makes me the Chosen One. I am prophesized to stop Darkness, we will see how that turns out! Also, Circenn is my GRANDMOTHER! I know, insane right?

Tell us about your single most important memory.  What was it and how does it affect you now?
I don’t know that I have an important memory I hold dear yet. If I had to give one…it would have to be Gregor. Our first meeting in the woods behind my house still gives me goosebumps. Apparently, I changed his destiny that day and every day thereafter.

What type of person are you?  Are you a hero or do you shy away from conflict?  
I am the type of person who hates conflict. I am as normal as they come…well used to be anyways. Now, I am this uber magic mama who will cut down anyone who tries to harm my family and friends.

Do you have any hobbies, any special talents?
If you count that I am the Chosen One as a special talent, then yes I have some. I get the cool abilities from each race in Ellethny. I can see futures and make things out of thin air with my fairy talent—I also have killer wings, just saying. I have super speed and acute senses with my vampire blood, I use magic like the mages, and have found out I can shift into animal forms. It is kind of cool being me! Um…mostly. Having people want to kill you really isn’t but hey, what ya going to do right?

And in that line, what would be your ideal day?  
My ideal day would be chilling in my meadow with my vamp resting in the brook that flows through it.

Do you have anyone close to you, any family or friends of interest?
That’s a loaded question! Gregor is a vamp that becomes something of a habit for me. Valora and Lexington are my aunt and uncle who have kept me safe all these years…until the nightmares began. Koren and Maiya are Gregor’s shifter friends who have come to my aid more than once. The last person in my life is my eccentric uncle Amend. He is the High Mage and is teaching me how to use my powers. Amend is the family member you purposefully forget to invite over for the holidays,

What is your most prized possession?
My Aunt Val gave me a ring that my father made for my mom on their wedding day. It was the only thing she had left of my mom’s, so it was huge for her to give it up to me. It has four stones in it that has symbols carved on top of each telling a story of love. It will forever be precious to me.

What initially spurred your actions in this story?  Obviously it had to start somewhere for you, give us an idea of where that starting point is and where it all started.
My life was like anybody else’s-- until I began having these terrifying nightmares of creepy shadow guys with white eyes chasing me. When I would wake up, my birthmark would burn like crazy. Finally, Val and Lex told me everything and brought me to Ellethny.

How do you envision your future? 
Hopefully living with Gregor in our meadow with all my family and friends surrounding us. At this point though, I cannot say.

Tell us where we can read more about you?  
You can read the beginning of my journey in Eden’s Mark on Amazon, Createspace, and B&N.
Eden’s Darkness, book two in the Ellethny series, will be out Spring 2014, so check it out too!


Author: D.M. Sears
Buy link: Amazon (US)  

Twitter: @DMSears1
Keep checking my fan page for giveaways and other cool news about upcoming series! 


No comments:

Post a Comment