Wednesday, October 8, 2014

Character Days: First Lieutenant Robert Simms from Movin' On

Character Days: First Lieutenant Robert Simms from Movin' On

 



Tell me a little about yourself and the world you live in.
I am First Lieutenant Robert Simms Sixth Missouri Confederate Cavalry, Colonel Coffee’s Regiment, attached to General Marmaduke’s Third Infantry. And take no offense to my uniform... I ain't never owned anybody nor do I intend to. I am from Franklin County, east central part of the state. Plan on getting a horse ranch when this war is over.

Lets jump right in, what's your most closely guarded secret?
I was on my way to enlist in the Union Army when I got word that Governor Jackson announced Missouri's intention to Join the Confederacy.

Tell us about your single most important memory. What was it and how does it affect you now?
When the Militia came to Franklin County to ensure allegiance to the Union they killed my cousin, he was only 14.

What type of person are you? Are you a hero or do you shy away from conflict?
I am an officer, and I do not abide by those who lack honor. My word is my bond but, I will do what is right… even as a last resort.

Do you have any hobbies, any special talents?
Hobbies? I reckon I am a fair horseman and damn, begging your pardon, very good with a gun.

What sets you out from the crowd? Like your talents, would I be able to spot you if I passed you by?
I don't see me as any better than anyone else, though I am good in fight, if you know what I mean.

What's an ideal day for you?
That's a peculiar question… an ideal day would one where I get to sleep under roof in a real bed and eat hot food… but I'll settle for a day without rain.

Do you have any one close? Any friends or family of interest?
My sister and I were close as kids, she's married living up north near the Kansas border.

What about your most prized possession?
My LeMat revolver, won it in a poker game while in Texas a year or so ago.

Back to your story, what initially spurred your actions? Everything had to start somewhere, so where's your beginning?
Well, I touched on it earlier. I was intending to enlist in the Union Army when secession was announced, and the death of my cousin… just sealed the deal and I joined the Confederacy instead.

Where do you think your future will lead?
I intend to own a large horse ranch, have a nice house and settle down.

Where can we find more about you?
I reckon, Amazon, Smashwords, and any ole place you want to buy the book would be appreciated.

Author:
Peter D Fleming


Author's website:

Author's Linked in:


No comments:

Post a Comment