Wednesday, May 28, 2014

Character Days: Grant Mason from Locked in Time

Two announcements before we get to the interview for today!

The first: we have a new review for Seeking the Storyteller, which you can read over on our friend's blog.

Also, a new promo has been posted for my partner's first book Treat Me Kindly.  This includes an excerpt and don't forget you can still take advantage of the special anniversary sale!

Character Days: Grant Mason from Locked in Time

Tell me a little about yourself and the world you live in.  
 I was adopted in central Oregon  at the age of about 8, my adoptive parents were alcoholics and verbally abusive. I found solace I my books and music, which were often destroyed by my stepdad when he would get angry. I left home for the Navy when I turned 18 and never looked back

Tell us your most closely guarded secret? Well that would need to be kept close to the vest, but let's just say what didn't kill me made me stronger

Tell us about your single most important memory.  What was it and how does it affect you now? My arrival in the Philippines in 1983 would have to be the one that affected me most, because that is where everything was set into motion.

What type of person are you?  Are you a hero or do you shy away from conflict?  I would not say I am a hero, but as I have gotten older I have grown more confident
and willing to stand up for myself and my family

Do you have any hobbies, any special talents? I have a knack for computers, especially design of software. As for hobbies, I love baseball and football, which my wife Claire got me turned onto. (The Cubs and Bears of course.) 

And in that line, what would be your ideal day?  A day in the park or at the lake with my wife Claire and daughter Amelia, along with our German shepherd Ruger

Do you have anyone close to you, any family or friends of interest? Mainly my wife and daughter, and my bosses Henry and Lyle Jacobs. They recruited me right out of college, and have been amazing people to have in my life

What is your most prized possession? Memories of my life with my family, and the silver crucifix someone gave to me while I was hospitalized in the Philippines

What initially spurred your actions in this story.  Obviously it had to start somewhere for you, give us an idea of where that starting point is and where it all started. When I left the ship that night with Cowboy, against my better judgment and wanting to make friends, that started the whole thing rolling. That would have been Subic Bay, November 1983 in a small bar called Butterflies off the main drag

How do you envision your future? Hopeful, like most people, for a long prosperous and loving life with my family

Tell us where we can read more about you?  
 The Chains That Bind and The Link That Shines (the prequel)-these have now been combined into one full length book, "LOCKED IN TIME"

Author: R.L. Seago
Buy link: http://www.amazon.com/author/rlseago or www.kdp.amazon.com
Author's blog or website: www.rlseago.webs.com

No comments:

Post a Comment